Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I park?
- Our main parking lot is on Nevada Street while our main worship hall entrance is on Kelly Street.
What will happen when I arrive and where do I go?
- We have greeters and ushers at the door to welcome you. They can assist you in finding a seat and answering your questions.
- We start at 9:30am. If you arrive before then you can settle in, find a seat, and chat with others.
What happens during the worship service?
The following are typical elements of our worship services.
- Scripture: Our service is based upon God's Word and it is woven throughout the different elements of worship.
- Music: We enjoy music and song as a way of expressing our praise to God. We sing a mix of traditional and modern songs. We have a variety of instruments and song leaders to lead us in worship.
- Prayer and Times of Silence: We find value in pausing and taking time to lay what is on our hearts and minds before God.
- Children's Message and Song: Children about 10 and under have their own special time during the service where they come up front to hear a message tailored to them and to sing a song and play instruments (if they want). After this time the children between the ages of 2 and 10 have the opportunity to go to Kid Size. (There is also a staffed nursery available during the service for children under the age of 4.)
- Kid Size: Children ages 2-10 have the option of going to a time of discipleship in Christ that is "Kid Size." After the Children's message and song those children that are taking this option will be led to the fellowship hall. They will have their time and then be brought back into the worship service shortly after the message.
- Message: A message given straight from scripture that connects what Jesus has done, is doing, and will do, to our everyday lives. You can find examples of the messages here.
- The Lord's Supper: We have the Lord's Supper on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sunday of the month. Non-alcoholic cups are provided in the center of the trays.
- Service usually finishes at 10:40 AM, barring any special elements.
Do I have to sing?
- We enjoy singing and expressing our worship. However, we don’t expect anyone to join in unless they feel comfortable doing so. During the service people will often sit and contemplate so it won't be odd if you want to just sit and watch. Then again, if you join in you may find you enjoy it!
How do I dress?
- We have people wearing everything from shorts, T-shirts, and flip-flops to suits and ties.
What happens after service?
- You are welcome to join us for snacks, juice, coffee, and tea after service in our courtyard and fellowship hall.
- Adult Discipleship Class starts at 11:00AM and ends at noon. The nursery is available during this time as well if you like.